A bloated stomach can be an uncomfortable experience caused by many different reasons. We will discuss the possible triggers of this common issue as well as how to combat symptoms.
What is Bloating?
Stomach pain and bloating occurs when gas is trapped in the abdomen, causing the belly to feel hard and full.
Bloated Stomach Symptoms
Common symptoms of a bloated stomach include:
- Your stomach feels full.
- You feel discomfort in your stomach.
- Excess gas.
- Abdominal rumbling or gurgling.
What Causes a Bloated Stomach?
Although a bloated stomach could be caused by different factors, common reasons include:
- Food sensitivity or intolerance.
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS).
- Coeliac disease.
- Swallowing air.
Food Sensitivities Causing Stomach Issues
A bloated stomach could be the result of your body reacting negatively to certain foods. Common food sensitivities that could be causing a distended stomach include dairy, gluten or wheat.
To figure out which of these foods could be a trigger of your painful bloated stomach, you can order a sensitivity test from Sensitivity Check. We use bioresonance sensitivity testing in our labs to send you a comprehensive report outlining problem foods for you.
By discovering which foods are causing bloating, you can remove this issue from your life.
How to Get Rid of a Bloated Stomach
For short term relief from stomach bloating you could:
- Drink a herbal tea – such as a peppermint or chamomile tea.
- Engage in stomach massage for bloating.
- Take antacids to relieve inflammation.
- Take peppermint oil capsules to help intestinal muscles relax.
How to Prevent Stomach Bloating
Moving forward, the goal is to prevent your painful symptoms of a bloated stomach occurring again. Some ways of achieving this could be to:
- Remove problem foods from your diet using an elimination diet.
- Eat foods high in fibre to combat constipation.
- Avoid swallowing air when eating.
- Avoid carbonated beverages.
- Exercise regularly to aid digestion.
More Information on Food Sensitivities and Bloating
If you’re suffering from a bloated stomach and don’t quite know the cause, a sensible step forward would be to take a sensitivity test today so you can start making well-informed daily decisions around managing your diet.
For more information around sensitivity testing, including how to complete one and where to find results, you can visit our customer help page. We provide live support for 24 hours a day 7 days a week, so don’t hesitate to get in touch with our experts today.